Top Imhoff Cone Manufacturers
Shamboo Scientific Glass Works is one of the top Imhoff Cone manufacturers in the country. We are capable of producing high-quality laboratory glassware products. Our manufacturing procedure is directed by a labor force that possesses a very high level of expertise. As one of the prominent Imhoff Setting Cone manufacturers, everyone in our team is pulling in the same direction in order to deliver high-quality goods to our customers.
Our organization as a whole collaborates across all of its departments to guarantee that we can give the highest quality of service possible to our customers. In the future, we hope to be recognized as one of the nation’s most dependable and cost-effective Imhoff Cone products manufacturers. With our instruments, we promise that your company’s research and development efforts will be successful.
What is an Imhoff Cone?
An Imhoff cone is a valuable laboratory device. It is utilized to compare the amount of suspended solids that will settle from liquids. The cone is used, for instance, to compare the amount of settleable solids in the filtrate from a Fiber Filter to the amount in the feed to the filter machine.
Similarly, a pair of Imhoff cones can be used to compare the amount of suspended solids that will settle out of the press liquid of a screw press operating under different air pressures at the discharge door. The Imhoff cone has the advantage of being more convenient to utilize while conducting field tests in remote locations.
An Imhoff cone is just a plastic container in the shape of a cone. One liter is contained, and the cone’s side is graduated in milliliters. The cone is approximately 14 inches tall. Due to the cone’s extreme pointiness (about 15 degrees), the 2″ base holds only 20 ml. Comparatively, the upper 2″ contains 300 ml.
You are welcome to visit the official website of Shamboo Scientific Glass Works, one of the top Imhoff Cone products manufacturers in India to buy the finest quality Imhoff Cone which is reliable, durable, and highly cost-effective.
Features of Imhoff Cone
Shamboo Scientific Glass Works is one of the most reputed Imhoff Cone manufacturers in India. Following are some of the features of Imhoff Cone:
● Completely transparent and with molded graduations for accurate volume readings.
● The screw connection on the tip can be taken out so that it can be rinsed and cleaned more thoroughly.
● The risk of breakage is significantly lower compared to those of PCs or containers made of glass.
● Determine the total number of particles that are suspended in liquids (e.g., for industrial and municipal waste water).
How does Imhoff Cone work?
When a liquid is allowed to sit in the cone for a few minutes, the suspended solids sink to the bottom. Since the cones are constructed of transparent plastic, it is simple to distinguish between the solids that have settled, the clear liquid, and the solids that are floating (if any). Typically, 2 ml to 500 ml of dense sediments will drop to the bottom, while the clear liquid will float above. Generally, we use Imhoff cones in pairs to facilitate the comparison of two samples.
Standardized test method for measuring settleable solids using an Imhoff Cone
1. In addition to the Imhoff one, a timer or clock and a glass stirring rod or spoon are required.
2. The water sample must be thoroughly mixed. Fill a 1-liter cone with the water sample. Insert the cone into the rack.
3. Make a 45-minute timer. After 45 minutes, run the glass stirring rod over the edges of the cone to dislodge any debris that has clung to the sides.
4. Allow the mixture another 15 minutes to settle. Measure the volume of settleable solids by reading the height of the solids from the scale on the side of the cone.
5. Document your information as milliliters per Liter (Ml/L)